Re: [Evolution] DATA response error: Need RCPT

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 13:06, Alfred A. Lorber wrote:
Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Look in the archives (see the http link at the bottom of this message).
This problem was brought up last week sometime.

Jeff

Jeff,
  Thanks for the pointer.   I actually looked at the message
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-January/024554.html
a few days ago, but I did not see any solution in the original message
nor the one follow up message.

-Alfred

I sent mail to the poster of the original Need RCPT question referred to
in the URL above and part of what he sent was:

  Some other people mention that Evolution sometimes drops "To:" and
  that mail sitting in Outbox forever.  If that mail cannot be sent, all
  the other mails are not sent (why?).  Check "Outbox".

and sure enough, my Outbox had a message with no "To:".  I deleted it
and everything works fine.  Thank you Tosa and everybody else who has
replied.

A word of warning if this happens to you.  Delete everything in your
Outbox you do not want sent before you delete the offending message or
these messages will be sent once the offending message is gone.

-Alfred