[Evolution] Re: Problem with Attachment: More puzzles (Help!)

In my previous note, I complained:

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 13:52, Dennis Tuchler wrote:
I sent out some documents attached to e-mail notes, using Evolution
1.2.1.  The attachments were documents in Word format.  When the e-mail
was received, the recipients tries to open the attached documents.  They
could not open them, and instead got this message:  Doc name or path not
valid.

One of the recipients of the e-mail with attachments sent me back the
attachment.  The attachment was a Word for Windows 6.0 document which
had been changed to that format in OpenOffice 1.0.1 Writer. I tried to
open it on my machine using Abiword, StarOffice Writer and OpenOffice
Writer.  Abiword demanded a password before opening it! The StarOffice
and OpenOffice apps. refused to load the document at all.cd temp.  The
file entry for that document is:

-rw-r--r--    1 dennis   users       81911 Jan  8 13:55 ethprob1.doc

I'm totally mystified!
--
Dennis Tuchler <dtuchler earthlink net>