Re: [Evolution] Spam filtering with spamassassin.

Le mar 07/01/2003 à 23:12, Ben Stringer a écrit :
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 08:32, Alexander Russell wrote:
Hi,

    As an experiment, I tried to set up spam filtering in the following
way:

1. I made a "incoming" filter (called "spam filter").
2. The filter pipes the message to the shell command /usr/bin/spamc -c
and should fire if it doesn't return 0. (This is spamassassin which, I
believe, returns a 1 (with the -c flag) if it thinks the message is
spam.)

You need to either quote the shell call (ie. "spamc -c") or place it in
a file and make it executable, then call that file.

I don't use quotes in my filter and it works anyway.

You must have spamd running for spamc to connect to.

Yes. it would be better to first test, in a console, if spamd/spamc are
working properly.

From /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-2.43, in a console, type :

# spamc -c < sample-nonspam.txt > nospam.out
# echo $?
# spamc -c < sample-spam.txt > spam.out
# echo $?

Good luck!