[Evolution] Bad Record MAC...still]

[This is a resend that didn't seem to make it to the list somehow...even
though I have sendmail logs saying that it was delivered???]

I'm still having no luck with Evolution and SMTP+SSL. (see my earlier email
on the similar subject for software versions etc).

Jeff had suggested that it may be a problem with mozilla nss ssl. I've
currently got mozilla-nss-1.2.1-0_rh8 (from mozilla.org) installed.

I've tried SMTP+SSL with mozilla-mail and it doesn't even initiate an
SSL "CLIENT HELLO". Evolution will at least initiate the SSL handshake.

Does Evo use a different means of SSL handshake for IMAP+SSL and SMTP+SSL?
It's just that I have IMAP+SSL working correctly but SMTP+SSL from Evo doesn't
work. If Evo uses the same calls to initiate the SSL connection and I have
IMAP+SSL working then I don't see how the bug could be in the mozilla-nss
libs?

Now I'm getting desparate - <oh>don't even get me started on my thoughts of the
stability of RedHat 8.0... come back 7.3 - all is forgiven >;-> </ot>

--
mike\n.

----- End forwarded message -----

--