Re: [Evolution] GPG and Evolution

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 09:26, Jason Frisvold wrote:
Greetings,

      I've been using Evolution for a short time now and it seems to be a
great product.  I have a problem I would like to solve, though.  I use
GPG to sign my emails.  I'd like to be able to sign them and have a user
with a windows machine and PGP be able to verify the signature.
However, PGP doesn't seem to be able to recognize the GPG signature.

how so?

      I understand this is a GPG issue.  There is an Evolution part to this,
though.  Evolution calls GPG internally (from what I can tell)...  Is
there a way to call GPG from Evolution with certain parameters?

no, but what parameters would you call gpg with different from what we
already do?

  Does it
automatically use the gpg.conf file when it runs GPG?

we don't tell gpg to use any gpg.conf file, but gpg does still check
it's own config settings in ~/.gnupg/options if that is what you mean?

  Is there anything
configurable at all regarding GPG in evolution?

not really, no. other than "Always trust" which sends the --always-trust
option to gpg.

      Oh ...  :)  And lastly, why does Evolution still call it PGP?  *grin*

because gpg implements the Pretty Good Privacy specification. the name
wasn't chosen by which executable it runs, but rather the specification
it implements.

Jeff

Any help is much appreciated...

Thanks,