Re: [Evolution] Feature request: option to not display "connection timed out" dialog

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 04:11, Cliff Wells wrote:
I'm using Evo 1.2.1, it's a terrific piece of software.

However, I have my incoming mail set to automatically download every 15
minutes.  Occasionally the mail server (POP) times out.  This is usually
a temporary condition and trying again will usually work. The problem is
that Evo pops up a dialog reporting that it couldn't fetch the mail and
doesn't try again until the dialog is dismissed.

No this is incorrect, it does try again even if the dialogue is still
up.  So its probably not as bad a situation as you thought ...

I subscribe to several mailing lists and what this means is that when I
get to work the next morning, I have around 500 messages to download at
once.  If there were an option (perhaps on the same configuration screen
as the automatic download option) to ignore such errors it would be a
big help.  Maybe instead of a dialog, just an alert icon in the status
bar would be an option?  As long as Evo keeps trying, how the error is
reported doesn't seem important.

Regards,

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer