Re: [Evolution] evolution will not start

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 18:28, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 22:49, Mike Millson wrote:
I am getting the following error when I try to start Evolution:

"evolution: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.2: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Evidently I hosed something while trying to install Bugzilla.

You installed bugzilla on a machine where you run Evolution?

Yes, I was experimenting. A CPAN module required a higher version of the
Berkely db, so I installed db4-4.0.14-14.i386.rpm from RH. When that led
nowhere, I uninstalled it. I'm guessing this is what caused the
problems.

(1) Anything I can try to fix the problem?

What distro are you running?  On Red Hat 8.0, that library is provided
by gnome-libs.  On Red Hat 7.3, it's provided by db1 or compat-glibc.

I'm running RH 7.1. I have found a solution that appears to work. In
/usr/lib I created a symbolic link called libdb.so.2 that points to
libdb2.so.3 in the same directly.

(2) How do I convert my Evolution mail files & folders into a format
readable by Mozilla until this is straightened out?

They're in mbox format, unless otherwise specified.  Lots of things
can open them.  In a pinch, I revert to mutt.  I'm not sure, but I'd
expect mozilla-mail would be able to handle them.  They're in
~/evolution/local/<foldername>

-Mark Gordon