[Evolution] SSL & ipop3d and Evolution.

Hello--

I've been using openssh on openssl for a while, and I'm trying to
put together the imap-2003 package, and try pop with ssl.

BUT... I'm not doing something right. I'm on Evo 1.2.1 on rh8; ipop3d on
a solaris machine. openssl-097a. When it goes to fetch mail, I get an
error pop-up from evo, it says:

Error while 'Fetching Mail':
Failed to connect to POP server blah-blah in secure mode: SSL
negotiations failed

And on the solaris machine, the console reports:

error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

I felt I've religiously obeyed instructions on the ipop3d installation,
I've generated the self-signed certificate for testing purposes, and
this is as far as I get. It looks like it's satisfied with the pop3
certificate-- I had problems there before, but fixed it. Now I'm baffled
with this "wrong version number". I've looked thru the ssl code, and
found that the routine mentioned can generate this message in two
places, but I have little idea what the context is.

Does anybody have a clue what is biting me?

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf e-tools com>
Electronic Tools Company