Re: [Evolution] problems with evolution 1.3 in Red Hat 8

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 18:03, Roberto Moral wrote:
Hello all,

I wanted to give Evolution 1.3 a try so I used Red Carpet to download
1.3

When I run it I get the splash screen, then an empty window and the
CPU utilization goes up to the roof. Anyone has gotten evolution 1.3
to run in Red Hat 8?

Some people (myself included) are seeing a hang in the summary.  This
may well be what you're seeing.  The solution is to start evolution in
such a way that you don't start in the summary, e.g.:

$ evolution1.3 evolution:/local/Inbox

Then, avoid going to the summary.

This problem is being actively investigated at this very moment.

-Mark Gordon