Re: [Evolution] vFolder on Header

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 13:33, Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 13:17, Not Zed wrote:

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 18:43, Andrew Cowie wrote:
Is it just me, or is the "Specific Header" selection missing from the
vFolder search criteria missing? It's mentioned in Evolution's Help...

Not Zed replied:
Yes, its not there intentionally.

To make vfolders more efficient, they mostly only work on in-memory data
which only includes some specific headers.

Hrm.

Ok, well, here's what I'm trying to do: My incoming email is filtered
server side. Among other things, it is passed through bogofilter to mark
spam. I am shunting the mail to various folders using maildrop,
specifically sending spam to a Spam folder.

All these Maildirs are then brought down to my laptop using offlineimap
(sorry guys, but I got tired of evolution's less-than-ideal IMAP
implementation causing evolution to barf). Evolution has one mail
source, a local Maildir tree of folders.

Why appologise?  Its crap and we know it.

I have a vFolder called "Unread" which (you guessed it!) is all unread
messages. The trouble is that the shunted Spam is, although correctly
identified and moved out of the way, still marked unread of course. I

If you are using maildir, then just set the [S]een flag on the message
when it gets moved to the spam folder.  The flag is specified as part of
the filename, using the standard maildir mechanism, of appending
":2,XXX" to the filename.

e.g.

  12122.zZedZone.12:2,  is unread
  12122.zZedZone.12:2,S is seen (read).

This could possibly be done as a post-process on the download script.

can't filter out these messages in my vFolder spec because evolution no
longer supports vFolders on arbitrary headers and so I can't filter on
X-Spam-Status (in this case).

no longer?  it never supported arbitrary headers.

Manually specifying the folders for the vFolder to work on is not an
attractive option, as I have LOTs of inbound folders; it's only one that
I want to exclude.

I thought we could probably add a 'all folders but these' filter type,
but haven't looked into it further than that bean of a thought.

Any suggestions?