[Evolution] Adding a task causes Evo to hang?

I'm using Evolution 1.4.5 with Gnome 2.4 from Debian sid.

Overall it works OK, but whenever I add a new task to the task list, Evo
hangs hard (I get no window refresh for the Evo windows).  I've been
using the --force-shutdown to bring it down.  I still get reminder
popups though.

It doesn't happen immediately; I will click on the "click here to add
task" line, then type in some text, then hit ENTER, and the task gets
added to my list just as you'd expect.

Then if I wait for a few moments, it freezes up.  I can even be doing
other things in between and it works fine for a while, then freezes.

But the thing is I don't add tasks very often (once every few days) and
every time I do, I get a freeze not long after.

Ideas, anyone?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools