Re: [Evolution] Getting Conector on Fedora

Here's what I've done, warts and all:

  - I untarred my homedir - which included my previous evolution settings as well as my Connector license key
  - In order for Red Carpet to install, I copied over the /etc/redhat-release link with the contents from a RH9 redhat-release
  - I removed the fedora version of Evolution
  - I installed red-carpet
  - I installed Connector and Evolution via rug
  - Evolution/Connector worked great, no problems
  - However, yum then fails with:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
    import yummain
  File "yummain.py", line 21, in ?
  File "clientStuff.py", line 25, in ?
  File "pkgaction.py", line 25, in ?
  File "rpmUtils.py", line 9, in ?
  File "urlgrabber.py", line 21, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 101, in ?
    import ftplib
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/ftplib.py", line 68, in ?
    all_errors = (Error, socket.error, IOError, EOFError)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'

  - And up2date fail with:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 22, in ?
    from up2date_client import repoDirector
  File "repoDirector.py", line 5, in ?
  File "rhnChannel.py", line 9, in ?
  File "up2dateAuth.py", line 5, in ?
  File "rpcServer.py", line 15, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
ImportError: /lib/libssl.so.4: undefined symbol: krb5_cc_get_principal

  - After googling around and using Fedora's mailing list, I found that krb5-libs was now downrev from what I needed.  I installed v1.3.1-6 and yum/up2date was then happy.
  - Just when I thought I was the man, I started having this issue with evolution and didn't figure it out until after removing the Fedora version of Evolution and seeing what was needed for the actual Ximian version of Evolution.

So now, when I need to use yum I remove the older version of krb5-libs and install the newer version of krb5-libs.  Then, once I'm done, I force reinstall the older version of krb5-libs.  It sure as hell isn't pretty, but until everyone gets on the same page...

cjs