Re: [Evolution] Well, That Was Special

Le jeu 11/12/2003 à 02:15, Donald Henson a écrit :
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 17:48, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 16:40, Donald Henson wrote:
Evolution locked up. I couldn't get it to respond to anything. I
was able to log off. When I logged back in, Evolution was not
running so I clicked on its icon. Something happened but Evolution
did not start up. I logged off/on again. Same result. Then I used
(gasp!) a Windows technique. I rebooted the system. This worked.
Evolution came back up like there had never been a problem.

Did you try "evolution --force-shutdown"?  My guess is that you had
some hung evolution process (logging off and logging back on does
not necessarily kill all processes).

Lonnie Borntreger

No, I didn't. Where's the evolution --force-shutdown button located?
Personally, I put it in the post-session script of my users, as well as
other gnome-related daemons shutdowns.

 I'm joking, of course, but my point is that ordinary users, such as
Windows refugees, are not going to take the time to learn how to use
the command line. I know. I was one and the first time I tried to
transition to Linux, I ran screaming back to Microsoft due to problems
just like this, only much worse then. Thanks for the tip, though. If
it weren't for people like you willing to help people like me, I'd
already be running back to Microsoft.

Don Henson
--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier beeznest net>