Re: [Evolution] Wishlist

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 03:34, Toby A Inkster wrote:
I have been using Linux at home for years now (and am using Mutt as my
mailer) and have recently switched to Linux at work too. (Yay!) I am
using Evolution as it offers a certain degree of integration between
e-mail, task list and calendar which, although I don't need or want at
home, is very useful at work.

However, there are some simple things (mainly Outlookisms) that don't
work in Evolution, but I think intuitively should:

Intuitively for an outlook user perhaps? :)

1. I can't drag and drop a file from Nautilus into an e-mail compose
window for it to be attached.

drag it to the header area.  someone's working on a fix.

2. I can't attach a file to a task.

3. I can't attach an e-mail to a task, or form some kind of link between
them.

4. I can't drag an e-mail into my Tasks folder to create a new task,
based on the contents of that e-mail.

5. I can't edit headers. Maybe this is a bit too geeky for Evolution (it
is the Mutt within me trying to get out!), but it would be useful in
some situations.

You mean custom headers?  There's probably a wishlist bug about it
already.

6. I can't mark an e-mail I'm about to send as important. (#5 would sove
this!)

FWIW the only mails i get that are marked important are spam.  Its
basically useless, and there is no standard way to implement it either

7. In the composer, the 'Replace' function is called 'Replace' on the
Edit menu, but 'Find and Replace' on the toolbar. Why the different
names?

I would suspect the edit menu has more context than the toolbar, so it
isn't required, but it could just be an oversight.

That is all I can think of right now.

Using Evolution 1.4.0, Mandrake 9.1.