Re: [Evolution] Problem with MacOS X Server's IMAP: "database full"

A00016 SELECT Lists/macosx-admin
< * 52 EXISTS
< * 0 RECENT
< * OK [UIDVALIDITY 142] UIDs valid
< * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
< * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)]
< A00016 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
A00017 UID FETCH 1:* (FLAGS RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE
BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS.NOT (RECEIVED)])
< A00017 NO [ALERT] 498 UID FETCH failed: Mail Server database is full.
Please alert your administrator.

Evolution apparently sees the error in the last line, and issues the
commands again and again, in an endless loop.

On the other hand, Mozilla, for example, does the following:

6 select "INBOX"
< * 62 EXISTS
< * 0 RECENT
< * OK [UNSEEN 56]
< * OK [UIDVALIDITY 109] UIDs valid
< * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
< * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)]
< 6 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
7 UID fetch 1:* (FLAGS)
< * 1 FETCH (UID 493 FLAGS (\Seen))
< * 2 FETCH (UID 495 FLAGS (\Seen))
< * 3 FETCH (UID 497 FLAGS (\Answered \Seen))

Some experimentation by manually establishing the IMAP connection and
typing commands reveals that apparently it's the
"BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS.NOT (RECEIVED)]" part in Evolution's UID FETCH
command that causes the error. If I type the command without that part,
it works OK.

You're using something that is similar to, but quite unlike an actual
imap server.  Fetch options are required by the spec.

Any ideas? This sounds like a problem on the server side (Evo works OK
with cyrus imap, for example), but I'm wondering if it might be possible
to modify the IMAP requests as a temporary solution. Is the BODY.PEEK
part really necessary?

Well it saves a lot of network bandwith.  If you can build evolution
from source then you can adjust that query yourself.  You can simply
remove the not received bit, although the BODY.PEEK[HEADER] bit is
absolutely necessary.  We've had no other server's have problems with it
(that i know of ...), and well, it is macosx.

Could you also try running evolution with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 set in
the environment, it might print some extra details of the protocol
exchange - it shouldn't be looping, and some of that (more than shown
above) might help us identify why it's looping.