[Evolution] Error while performing operation mail from response error: Requested

action
 not
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:07:16 -0400

I configured Ximian Evolution to send outgoing mail via my ISP's out
going mail smtp relay (outgoing.verizon.net) and received a dialog box
containing the following error msg

Error while performing operation mail from response error: Requested
action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

I receive this error message no matter who the recipient is including
myself. However, if I use the same configuration on other mail clients
such as MS Outlook I don't have this problem. When using Sendmail I
don't receive any dialog boxes or error msgs, nevertheless, the maillogs
indicate that mail has not been sent. I Configured Smart-Relay and can
only send to a select few recipients while the other ones are being
bounced, my guess is name resolution and/or blacklist. At any rate I really
like
Ximian Evolution and would like to convert to it from MS Outlook but the
preceeding error
seems to be a stumbling block.

When receiving mail on the other hand, I don't experience any problems,
mail is flawlessly downloaded from pop server, just need help with
sending via smtp relay. Any assistance at all would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA, Robert