[Evolution] Help on Conduits setup

Can anyone point me to documentation regarding conduit setup for
evolution. I have most of them working properly except for the memo
conduit. I do not understand what information is being requested under
Tools - pilot settings - conduits - memofile - settings.
Under this category settings: are the following
memos directory, ignore start, ignore end, directory mode 0700, files
mode 0600, and secret files mode. Can anyone point me to documentation
which explains how to respond and set these features?

Thanks in advance...

Harry