[Evolution] BAD response from mail server

I wrote about this earlier, got no reply.  Did a bit more research on my
own.

I use two IMAP servers.  One works fine, the other continually replies
"BAD missing or invalid argument in LSUB"

I ran traces on the network traffic with ethereal, and discovered that
the one that goofs up sends the following

LSUB "*" {1+}

Now, it appears that the server, though it advertises LITERAL+
capability, doesn't wait for the literal that's supposed to follow.  But
why would evolution want to send a one byte literal in the following
packet?  Why not just put it in this packet?

The server that works does not advertise LITERAL+ capability.  My
outlook express client never issues an LSUB command when it starts up,
so it's not choking.

What can be done to render Evolution operable with this server at this
point?  Is there a way to tell Evo not to rely on the LITERAL+
capability?  Will any code in this area be changed in subsequent
releases? or should I just find another client, since I don't think I'm
gonna convince the ISP to change their IMAP server software just for me.