RE: [Evolution] RH9, Connector, RedCarpet

Thank you for this investigative work! Its been reported to our Web team and Support and we'll hopefully have this fixed directly.

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 13:04, Boyce, Chris wrote:
Don't know if this helps, but I tried the link below in
IE 6 and sure enough, it didn't work.

I can download the file just fine with Netscape.  Although I can't
imagine many Evo users using IE to download connector... but maybe
there is a browser issue.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyce, Chris
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 11:52 AM
To: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: RE: [Evolution] RH9, Connector, RedCarpet

The link to the connector rpm download should be:

http://www.ximian.com/products/connector/download/connector.html

And worked fine for me.
I am in a similar situation... I used to run connector under RH 8, and
have
re-installed with (un-supported) Mandrake 9.1.  Trying to install
ximian-connector-1.2.3-0.ximian.1.i586.rpm gives me the following
issues:

- it wants soup-0.7.11, but Mandrake comes with "libsoup3-0.7.11-1mdk"
- it wants libgal.so.23 but Mandrake comes with "libgal21-0.23-1mdk"

At risk of buggering up my Mandrake install, is there a work-around?
Connector won't work if I simply --nodeps the installation.

Chris