[Evolution] Folder directories named in Unicode

Hello!

I am using Evolution 1.2.3 on ASP Linux, a Russian RedHat-based distro.
The locale is koi8-r, a well known Russian encoding.

I have Russian characters in names of some local folders. And now in the
names of the directories in ~/evolution/local, these characters seem to
be in Unicode, even though the system locale is not Unicode.

Is this a bug, or perhaps a feature? I didn't dare to enter it into
Bugzilla because perhaps it is indeed a feature.

(The build of Evo I use was done by ASP, so if it's a distro-specific
bug, I can talk to the vendor).

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik
Moscow, Russia