Re: [Evolution] Duplicate message

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 14:21, guenther wrote:

I try to keep archive folders with old emails.

My ISP recently restored every email since early 2000, and now I have
40,000 duplicate emails.

Does anyone know of a way to filter duplicates in Evolution?  Or another
tool that will do it?

With a short procmail recipe you can filter incoming mails by the
Message ID. It uses formail to do that.

You did not tell us, where the mails are (ISP, local?) and which
protocol you use to access the mails (POP3, IMAP, local...). If you tell
that, maybe I can come up with some solution.

I don't know of anything built in into Evo.

...guenther

They are local, in Evolution.  I have imap and pop3 servers locally,
though.  I hope I won't have to do this again; I've set fetchmail to use
message IDs to prevent duplicates, now.

Thanks for your help; I look forward to hearing more.
-David