Re: [Evolution] 1.1.1.99 and reading mail

I believe it was because it was agreed that a message-browser window was
for browsing a message and as such, didn't need next/prev buttons. A
message doesn't have a next or previous anything. This is what the main
window is for - it's a FolderBrowser... so it can have prev/next buttons
because well, it's for browsing a folder :-)

besides, I don't get why you need another window for that anyway. If all
you want is to not see the message-list, why not just shrink the
message-list pane? Does that not make more sense? Easier for the
programmers, just as easy for the users, everyone wins. Yay! And
next/prev work! Yay!

I think this feature comes from the idea of how mutt/pine and other
console clients are used... but luckily Evolution isn't a console client
and so you don't need that feature. It's just a fundamental difference
between the way console clients have to work and the way GUI clients
work.

Jeff