Re: [Evolution] Hotkey for Preview (was: evolution 1.2 beta)

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 11:11, Kenneth Porter wrote:
On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 06:30, Norman P. B. Joseph wrote:
[is this the right forum for beta comments?]

Anyway, what was the rationale for removing the 'q' hotkey for toggling
the preview pane in the recent 1.2 beta release?  Or was that just an
oversight?  Not having to reach for the mouse and hunt through a menu
for an often-used option (I toggle the preview pane constantly through
numerous folders) is a *big* win.  Please put it back in!

Agreed! This disappeared in the 1.1 snapshots and I really miss it, as I
tend to turn off preview while sorting messages around that didn't get
caught by my filters, then I turn it back on to read what's left. I also
use it to inspect for false positives in my spam folder, which normally
has preview off.

The key has only been moved; it is now a backtick (or tilde). This has
issues with international keyboards, apparently, but that's a separate
topic.

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
                              -- REAL Ultimate Power