Re: [Evolution] Switching from 1.0.x -> 1.1.1 snapshots

On Sat, 2002-09-14 at 11:38, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
When running Evolution 1.1.1 for the first time, it is supposed to run a
upgrade "script" (it's actually written in c so technically not a
script, but hey - I don't know perl! besides, if it was written in perl
it'd need a lot of gnome perl bindings installed).

It did, indeed, try to run it; the "script" hung itself, after which I
couldn't revert without completely starting over, so I've been trying
move forward.

Is there some way to run the upgrade binary interactively with debug
info? I'd be happy to figure out where it's gone awry.

Once Evolution 1.1.1 has run that upgrade program, it sets a flag in the
config.xmldb file and so in the future it won't bother upgrading filters
or anything else if it sees that flag. However, you can try running
evolution with the --force-upgrade switch (or some such - it should be
in the release notes somewhere) which will force the upgrade script to
run again.

I'll go look for that and see if I can get it to upgrade my settings.

And yes, I copied (not moved) my evolution folder as a backup; I just
didn't want to have to start over again and sort out my already POP'd
mail. Ah, well.

Cheers!

--j