Re: [Evolution] Is there a description of filters.xml

not really.

the way it works though is pretty simple(?)

The file in $prefix/share/evolution/filtertypes.xml contains a bunch of
'parts' which can be combined together to form criteria and actions (a
direct 1:1 mapping as in the gui).

The filters.xml file references those parts by name, and sets values in
those parts which are  substituted at filter time.

easiest way is to setup a few filters and see how they're fotmed in the
xml, and then just copy it