Re: [Evolution] Error: Unable to activate HTML editor component

You probably have an incompatible version of gtkhtml.  In my experience
evolution 1.0.8 will not work with versions newer than 1.0.4.  You can
download the source from  ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/
On your system it may be called gtkhtml1.  I don't use RedHat so I don't
know where the package can be found.