Re: [Evolution] auto move

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 20:38, Suresh Chandrasekharan wrote:
Currently filtering only marks these mails to be moved/delted etc by overstriking, what I mean is a menu
option which if set will do an auto move for the
filtered mails to different folders selected, which I have not seen in the latest 1.1.1.99, this is not
auto expunge as it includes deletion of mails too.

Filters *do* move the messages, they don't mark them for moving. The
strike-through is because a Move is a Copy and a Delete.

Jeff

Thanks,
Suresh

Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:42:32 +0930
From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] auto move
To: Suresh Chandrasekharan <Suresh Chandrasekharan Eng Sun COM>
Cc: evolution ximian com

I dont understand what you mean.

You mean filtering?  We already have that.

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 09:48, Suresh Chandrasekharan wrote:
Hi,

Is it feasible to have an option to set an auto move option which will basically move the filtered mail
to different folders, won't delete them or won't move
/dev/null or links to /dev/null. This can be very useful for people who have some filters in place and
want to see an uncluttered mailbox without always
hitting
Ctrl-e.
   Messages which are destined to be deleted should be spared. That should be done manually by the user
so that he can catch occasional anomaly mails
accidently filtered.

I looked in bugzilla and saw some requests for auto expunge, nothing for auto move... Before filing an
enhancement would like to know whether this is a
worthy
idea.

Thanks,
Suresh