Re: [Evolution] Corrupted summary data

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 08:36, Martin C. Messer wrote:
From a colleague, any ideas?

"My inbox under Evolution seems to have corrupted itself such that I can
see email received from April-May and over the last two days, but none
of the prior months.  I recently upgraded from RH 7.2 to 8.0, which
seemed to work fine for a few days, but yesterday Evolution complained
about header/summary data for some folders not matching the contents of
the folders, then today it crashed, and when I restarted it had lost
chunks of mail.  I had shut down the system in between these
occurrences, and Evolution had started up fine and seen all of the mail
after the header/summary data error message, so I'm not sure if the
problems are related.

Does anyone know how to get Evolution to rebuild the summary data for
the folder without losing the email?"

You can just manually remove the *.ibex* and *.ev-summary files in the
folder directory, eg. ~/evolution/local/Inbox.  That will cause
Evolution to rebuild the indexes from scratch and hopefully fix the
problem.

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>