Re: [Evolution] Cannot hear the Bell

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 14:34, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 05:16, Muralidhara S wrote:
All,

I have configured 1.2 to beep for a new mail.
But cannot hear the beep.I can hear the system
bell sound.

Any inputs?

Regards
murali
WebSpectrum Software Pvt. Ltd.
www.wsspl.com

Well, there are a million ways to have this misconfigured.  Here's a
partial list:

- sound notification selected but not added to the list of notifications
- sound added to list but no sound file selected
- speakers turned off
- speakers not plugged in
- low-level sound configuration issues

One more important one:
- What desktop are you using (Gnome, KDE)?

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger