[Evolution] Custom Keyboard Shortcuts

Folks,
   I'm sure this has been asked and answered loads of times.. I've search archives to attempt and locate an answer but to no success...

Why does Evolution not support custom keyboard shortcuts?

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here.. but something tells me.. I'm going to get a load of of those "we must standardise" replies.. but anyway.. I like to live dangerously..

The whole wonderful thing about Gtk shortcuts is that you choose your own.. and the "on the fly way" of holding the selected menu option and just typing your assigned code is very cool. Anyone who uses Gimp a lot will tell you just how useful these customisable shortcuts are.

Another thing helped by the customisation is the fact that we don't annoy non-US keyboard users.. sometimes the simple "handy" shortcuts are not as accessible as you may think.

And last but not least.. our friends in Redmond, (AFAIK) have not yet copied the concept of custom GTK shortcuts.. so having them accessible in Evo, would be yet another advantage over Outlook

Big Frown :(

Regards,
   Cormac