[Evolution] Inbox

We had our mail server (linux running exim) create a new folder called SPAM in my Maildir, it then subscribed me to it. Using spamassassin we are detecting mail with high spam scores and putting them into this folder. However since doing that this morning I can no longer get into my inbox. My inbox is now the first mailbox highlighted when I run evolution (1.2) the panel next to it says "This folder cannot contain messages". Now this normally appears on my account name (the folder that is parent to my inbox). Now I cannot select the parent to inbox, if I click on it it just goes back to the inbox and the above message is displayed.

This definitly happend after we created a new folder and subscribed to it on the MTA. Is evolution unhappy about other software creating mailfolders behind its back ?

Anybody got any ideas or advice ?

PS Thanks to Chris Toshok for the last bit of advice, very helpfull thank you.

Ron McKeating