Re: [Evolution] Offline caching misunderstanding

see below...

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 17:50, Not Zed wrote:
On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 12:38, HvR wrote:
this is exactly my problem, i hope/wish/need to have syncing mean that
all messages with attachments are downloaded to my system before i
disconnect, without this feature evolution becomes quite unusable for
me, so pls, pretty pls??

This can't be done *yet*.  Although if you care to, you could patch
evolution-mail to do something like this, as if you'd like to know how.

But currently, all you can do is say 'for these folders, download all
unread mail', you can select the folders in the settings dialogue.

but it only downloads the headers not the msg itself

Also, any mails you've read with evolution will get downloaded as part
of the reading process so should also be available.

yes but NOT if the email contains an attachment! (it will be downloaded
when you read it but somehow evo wont let me see the msg when in offline
mode, however the file is there in the imap directory... is this a
bug???

For now i have written a filter that copies an email containing an
attachment to a local folder. That way any email with an attachment is
in my local folder so available offline.
Downside of this is that i now have to delete these big babies in two
place: IMAP and local folder.