Re: [Evolution] regex and "specific header" searching for vFolders

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 04:46, Mertens Bram wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to create a vFolder that holds all messages of threads I
started or added to.
My idea was to create a filter that looked for a specific string in the
header 'References:'.

But it seems that both a regex-search and a 'specific header' search are
not possible when defining advanced searches and/or vFolder-filtering
(which I suppose are basically the same).

Is there a specific reason why this isn't possible?  Or is this planned?

Yes there is.

For performance reasons, vfolders search on data which is
memory-resident.

For memory reasons, we only store a subset of the headers, stuff which
is also used to display the message list.

Because we've learnt some stuff about vfolders since they were done, it
may be possible to add something like this in the future, but there are
no plans at present for this.