Re: [Evolution] Messages in message list do not correspond to messages in nmh folder

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 13:07, Michael D. Lind wrote:

Deleting messages in another email client will cause problems unless
you
delete the mbox.ev-summary in the folder before reopening the folder
in
Evolution.

Thanks very much for the suggestion: this kind of file is exactly what I
was looking for. Unfortunately, this didn't work.

(It's now clear that the problem is not caused simply by deleting
messages in another email client, but by my having done done a "pack" on
an nmh folder in exmh. This command renumbers the file names of messages
so that there are no gaps: that is, it changes the actual names of the
files containing messages (where in nmh, each message is in a separate
file). Now, when Evolution looks for some messages, it uses the old file
names because it has cached them somewhere, and so doesn't find them.)

Other messages recently posted in this list have apparently given me the
solution to the problem. This is to use the "killev" script and restart
Evolution. Evidently, Evolution starts some subprocesses that cache
message filenames and that don't get killed when one simply quits
evolution.

Alex