Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.2 - spell checker missing English

Hi,

Just to compare notes...

From another thread, you're running RH7.3 I think. I have RH7.1.

Gretings,

A few issues related to spell checking:

1)

I have installed evo-1.2.0 with all the required updates.  I cannot seem
to add English(American or Canadian) to the list of spell checker
languages.  In the Settings under Composer Preferences->Spell Checking
the only available languages are French(France) and French(Swiss).

Here are the spell checking rpms installed (found with rpm -qa | grep
spell):

aspell-fr-0.1-1
aspell-devel-0.33.7.1-9
pspell-0.12.2-ximian.7
gnome-spell-0.5-1.ximian.3
aspell-en-ca-0.33.7.1-9
aspell-0.33.7.1-9
pspell-devel-0.12.2-ximian.7

I assume you don't have the full Ximian desktop but just evolution
installed. All my RPMS corresponding to this list have "ximian" in their
names. I am running the full Ximian desktop.

        aspell-en-gb-0.33.7.1-ximian.2
        aspell-0.33.7.1-ximian.2
        aspell-devel-0.33.7.1-ximian.2
        pspell-0.12.2-ximian.7
        aspell-en-ca-0.33.7.1-ximian.2
        gnome-spell-0.5-1.ximian.3
        pspell-devel-0.12.2-ximian.7

Curiously, I tried setting up a new account with another user (first use
of Evolution) and the following languages are available without any
intervention: English(American), English(Canadian), French(France),
French(Swiss).

I tried this and still have no languages listed an a fresh account. So
your new account has spell checking working properly? Your problem may
only be a config problem with your old account. I'm suspecting that
something is wrong with aspell-0.33.7.1-ximian.2.

2)

Furthermore under the gnomecc I cannot configure spell checking, when  I
click on "Configure spell checking" in the HTML Viewer & Editor:

My HTML Viewer & Editor option has disappeared. I think in this latest
Ximian desktop/evolution update.

<snip> Nothing to say about the rest.

Maybe this info will help someone (from Ximian?) to see what's wrong.
What can I try or test to shed more light on this problem?

John

--
John S. Weber
jweber math cudenver edu