Re: [Evolution] shell command mail filter syntax

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 12:28, Monte Ohrt wrote:
Two things:

1) incoming mail needs to go through a spam filter:

/usr/bin/bogofilter

(returns 0 or 1)

If
[Pipe Message to Shell Command][/usr/bin/bogofilter][returns][1]
Then
[Move to Folder][Spam]

Evolution will spawn a /usr/bin/bogofilter process and pipe the message
into bogofilter's stdin.

There is no need for a "< %s"

2) selected e-mail needs to go through a filter by right-clicking &
"apply filters"

Not doable.

/usr/bin/bogofilter -S

(tells bogofilter to identify e-mail as spam)

I accomplish #2 by marking the e-mail as "Important" which I actually
use as a spam id in the filters. The appropriate shell command is then
executed, but it doesn't look like bogofilter got it :( It does work
manually from the command line, so I think bogofilter itself is fine.

The problem is that we do not pass command-line arguments (it is
non-trivial to parse command-line options).

Instead, write a wrapper script and have Evolution run that.

Jeff

Monte