[Evolution] SuSE 8.1 Support when?

Hi,

The XImian web site says that support for SuSE 8.1 will be announced "soon".  Has  anyone a clearer idea of when "soon" is?  I fully expect the usual, humorous (well, almost) answers, but I'm hoping for a date.

The reason i ask is that I'm using the 1.2RC1 client of both evo and connector on SuSE 8.1, and they seem to work, but because of a libpng version issue, I get a lot of error messages :-

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.12
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.4

and if I try the help:about evolution menu pick, the whole thing dies with an assertion :-
evolution-shell-ERROR **: file e-shell-about-box.c: line 270 (impl_realize): assertion failed: (background_pixbuf != NULL)

I thought I'd download the source and try compiling it, but I can't get configure to work - it keeps complaining about GTK not being installed, or having been moved.  Neither of these things is true, so I'm just about to give up on compilation as an option, hence the subject question.

Paul