Re: [Evolution] ctl+w

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 10:31, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
tir, 2002-11-05 kl. 15:19 skrev Tom:

I have grown quite acustom to using ctl+w to delete words and I find my
self doing it in evolution without thinking and I end up closing my mail
program instead of deleting a word ...

can the hot key for closing evo change ( just for me ) ;> and can ctl+w
act like it does in many other apps

There's an English song about that:

"No never, no no. No, never, no no" etc.

There's unfortunately a Linux thing about CTRL-W, which means "Close
down this screen, whatever I'm in."

It's not specifically a Linux thing.  It probably came from Winblows,
where most applications I use have ^W as the hotkey to close the current
window/file/etc.

Dan

So, welcome to Linux.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset og at have tabt, end det at
 ikke have sadset i det hele taget.»

e-post:               tonni billy demon nl
www:          http://www.billy.demon.nl