Re: [Evolution] Drag and drop from nautilus broke?
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: John Weber <jweber math cudenver edu>
- Cc: Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>, users at ximian Mailing List <users ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Drag and drop from nautilus broke?
- Date: 29 May 2002 20:53:55 +0930
Sounds like a bug, but it could be at either end of the dnd process.
Although '#' is used as the shell comment, so you can't type the
filename in a shell command line directly without escaping it, there is
nothing in the filesystem preventing you using it (emacs uses #'s in
On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 08:20, John Weber wrote:
Evo 1.0.5, Rh7.1, nautilus 1.0.6, all updates done with red carpet.
Drag and drop of files to attach from nautilus to evolution compose
window seems to not work if there's a # sign in the file name. Doesn't
work from gmc either. The error from gmc says the file does not exist
and the name is truncated before the #.
Drag and drop from gmc to nautilus works OK with these files. Doesn't
work from nautilus to gmc. Works OK within nautilus or between 2
Known bug? Should I quit using # signs in file names?
John S. Weber
jweber math cudenver edu
evolution maillist - evolution ximian com
] [Thread Prev