Re: [Evolution] SMTP and MX

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 07:12, Kenneth Porter wrote:
I was idly curious about how Evo resolved an SMTP server. Does it use MX
resolution, or just the address from the A record?

Just the A record. Using the MX record would be wrong; MX is to answer
the question "how do I deliver mail to someone in the domain 'foo.com'".
It's possible that the server that the MX record leads you to will only
accept mail addressed to local recipients.

Are there any plans
to use sendmail's MSA (mail submission agent) port?

Not currently. The Internet Draft that that's based on has expired
anyway... You can override the port yourself though by specifying
"smtp.foo.com:587" as the hostname in the mail config dialog.

-- Dan