[Evolution] Evolution chokes on huge jpg attachments

(Evo 1.0.5 from RC on redhat 7.2)

A friend of mine sent me a draft of a poster she's working on as a jpg.
The picture's obscenely huge (28704x13102 pixels (11x17" at 150dpi)),
although jpg compression scrunched it down to only about 3 megs.

The first draft of it I got crashed evolution when I loaded the message;
it showed the body, and the attachment box at the bottom, but without a
thumbnail. About a second later, the mail component died.

The second draft of her poster (same number of pixels, updated content)
didn't crash evo, however it got displayed wrong (it was almost
completely changed to greyscale)

There was the same pause as the first time; the attachment thing was
shown, with no thumbnail, then a second later, the (greyscalish)
thumbnail appeared, as opposed to with the first file, where a second
later, the mail component crashed.

Are there any known issues like this? I didn't see anything with a quick
search in bugzilla.

If not, I can file a bug on it (although I'm waiting to hear back
whether I have her permission to use these posters in the bug report; I
might need to try & create my own ones that reproduce the problems)

--
David Hoover