[Evolution] Evolution Mail : Address Lookup hangs X server

Hi,

I'm using evo 1.05 and connector on SuSE 7.3.

Often, but not always (maybe 1 time in 3), when I type a partial mail
address into the "To" field of a new mail, evolution freezes the X
session. The menu of choices of address pops up, but never goes away
again, even if I click on one.

At first, the freeze is partial - the mouse still moves, but clicking
does nothing.  The keyboard still works as far as editing the email
goes, but it is impossible to do anything else. It is still possible to
ctrl-alt-backspace out of the X session and log in again, or to rlogin
from another machine and kill evolution.

After a couple of minutes, this goes away also - the keyboard no longer
works at all, rlogin fails.  Then, the only recourse is a power off,
fsck and start again.

No matter which course I follow, there is no log or traceback.

Is there a debug variable I can set to get more info?

Paul