Re: [Evolution] Read source

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 09:23, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 15:03, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
Hello!

Is there any special reason for view mail source to be so difficult to
do? I mean going to the View menu and to Message Display sub-menu sounds
like an overkill to me.
The right mouse button could easily hold more features.

Seconded.

I very much like single-keystroke shortcuts (meaning: without modifier
key) whenever I'm not editing text. pan style navigation would suit me
fine ('n' for next msg, 'p' for previous, space-reading, s for show full
source ...)

It's really easy to make your own set of key bindings for Evolution, and
you don't even have to recompile.

The key bindings are in .xml files such as evolution-mail-message.xml
(which, in my installation, is in /usr/share/gnome/ui/).

Where you see things like:

    <cmd name="ViewSource"
     _tip="Show the raw email source of the message"
     type="radio" group="message_display"/>

Change it to:

    <cmd name="ViewSource"
     _tip="Show the raw email source of the message"
     accel="*Control*3"
     type="radio" group="message_display"/>

This makes control-3 a shortcut for "view source".  (Similarly, I've
made control-1 be "normal view" and control-2 be "full headers".)

Saying accel="s" should work fine for what you want (assuming 's' isn't
already taken).

   - Ian