Re: [Evolution] Feature Needed: EmailMessage Priority

You can use filters (Tools --> Filters)
to do this.  One of the actions for a filter is "set priority".
How can I set this manually?

Find a message in your inbox or any other folder that has a
subject line or sender that you'll want to use to set
priorities based upon. click once on the message header to
highlite it, then do a right mouse button.  Choose
Create Rule From Message --> Filter on <xxxxx>, and choose
what you want to filter on.  This will open up a filter
dialog box that will let you customize the filter itself.
Under the "Then" section (ie what to do if the filter
hits a match), change the default action of "Move to
Folder" to instead use "Assign Score", or "Assign Color".
Click OK when you are done setting up the filter.

You can also do Tools --> Filters --> incoming to add filters
by hand.

Once you have some filters created, select all messages (Ctrl-a)
in your inbox (or whichever folder you want to use). Do a right
mouse button anywhere in the folder. Choose "Apply Filters".

I tried to set a score for a message with a filter, but I can't see any
effect! What should it do? And is it possible to change the score or
color without a filter?

Stephan