Re: [Evolution] evolution calendar server

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 04:23, joerg mauz wrote:
The personal calendar server (PCS) provides centralized management and
storage of a user's personal calendar. Multiple clients can connect to
the PCS simultaneously to query and modify the user's calendar in a
synchronized fashion.

WOW ! thats cool, but when searching about this feature nothing could
be found. either i am that stupid or this is just an announcement for an
upcoming release of evolution ?

PCS is either a well known secret, or more likely, a poorly documented
feature.  There are a couple notes about the architecture at
http://www.ximian.com/devzone/tech/calendar.html

I got a better understanding of it after reading the source.  I'm not
confident in building anything that uses the calendar or addressbook yet
(or the instant messaging hidden in one branch).

You'll find more information about it on the evolution-hackers list.
They were very help in answering my first questions.

--

sinzui cox rr com