[Evolution] that peskt Evolution shell not initialized thing

so, i recently upgraded to slack 8.q from 8 (well to be proper, i wiped the
box and installed 8.1 fresh.)

i noted that the gnome package now included evolution. "yah!" i said as i
have been running evolution on a red-hat laptop for awhile and find it very
fluffy.

and now my issue:

the binary evolution package that shipped with slack 8.1 is based on the
gnome stable branch and as such has no aspell or gnome-spell support.
so i installed these packages and compiled evolution from the 1.0.7 stable
tar.gz

and i get the now dreaded Cannot initialize evolution shell message
i do have mozilla 1.0 installed but it is installed in /usr/lib/mozilla
(which is in /etc/ld.so.conf)
all the dependencies are installed and of correct version
evolution is installed into the gnome-config --prefix with the rest of gnome
so the GNOME_PATH shouldn't be needed. (set it anyway)

and still that darn pop-up

SO as i am sure everyone is rather tired of seeing this come across the
mailing list, i apologize, but wits end was a few hours ago and i am
currently blaming my ferret, and punishing him by keeping him in his little
plastic ball and rolling desperately about trying to free himself.

please, save my ferret.

--
"I gave a speech once," he said suddenly, and apparently unconnectedly.
"You may not instantly see why I bring the subject up, but that is because

http://cryptochicken.net