Re: [Evolution] Unable to expunge deleted mesages

rm -f ~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox.ev-summary should fix the problem.
The mbox.ev-summary files (one for each mailbox) are summary files which
Evolution will regenerate if it doesn't exist.

Gnerally this problem only arises if you used another mail client to
access the Evolution folders and that mail client modified the mbox
file(s).

Jeff