Re: [Evolution] Newbie questions: BCC and Shortcuts

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 01:53, Brian wrote:
On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 12:06, David G. Simmons wrote:

Actually, I have never understood BCC:ing yourself as a way to have a
copy of email you send. All I do is simply save all outgoing messages in
a Sent folder. Said folder is on my IMAP server, so email I send from
Evolution gets saved there.

Although I do what you do as well, David, there is something to be said
with BCC'ing yourself.

For instance, I have a friend who uses his filter rules (sieve on cyrus)
to file his responses to different associates in the same folders where
he sent the messages to get client side threading of mail messages.
It's pretty neat actually, but only if used in conjunction with filters
IMO.

We have outgoing evolution filters that are applied to mail headed for
'sent', so this can be done without bcc, if you use local filters
anyway.