Re: [Evolution] contacts-database format

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 17:12, Scott wrote:
On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 14:59, c.c. wrote:
In theory, you don't need to know -- you should be able to use IDL to
access anything you need. Why do you ask?

I have a stupid question.  What is IDL?

Interface Definition Language. In our particular case, we use OMG CORBA
IDL (Object Management Group Common Object Request Brokering
Architecture) as CORBA is the basis of our IPC (Inter-Process
Communicaton). Does that make things clearer? :-)

Basically they're language-independent header files that define an
interface for talking to the addressbook. They live in /usr/share/idl.

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton