Re: [Evolution] blahfasel [123 45 3789 123] addresses

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 22:39, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
Yo!

evolution mangles adresses in the user [numerical ip] form, which I use
occasionally for testing purposes (as I don't want to reconfig my dns 10
times a day sometimes).

any reason for that?

Its just a bug.  Since I thought nobody used these types of addresses,
it hasn't been tested very well.  Actually i'm not sure the code even
supports it properly in all cases (the address parser supports it to
some level, but beyond that i'm not sure).

Submit a bug at bugzilla.ximian.com, and assign it to notzed ximian com,
and i'll have a look at it.

Can't you just setup a localhost alias in /etc/hosts or something?  Or
just configure another interface with a permanent ip address, and use
hosts etc?